Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Yoga Journal entry April 10, 2012

So today started out a little later than I intended, with me getting out of bed at 5:29AM. Emerson was awake too, so we got up together and hung out until Rob got up. I decided to practice at the dock at my new office, which looked like this:


It was amazing. I also had the moon looking over my other shoulder. I started a detox yesterday and I noticed my body felt a lot lighter during practice this morning. I was able to bind hands in Supta Kurmasana for the first time in about 2 weeks, so I think the detox is having an effect.

I set my intention for my practice to be its own detox, and that through the practice my mind would be purified of the negative, ego-driven thoughts that sometimes tease and torment me. I noticed my mind was very active during my practice, which I took to mean the thoughts were emptying out of my head, and leaving my mind and body through my mat.

Life has been a bit involuted since I got back from India, with many big shifts happening with my work and personal life. It has taken its toll on my body, and my hope is that a 3-day detox will recharge me as things start to settle down and normalize over the next few weeks.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment